WAV Inc. is a B2B value-added distributor for over 50 wireless technologies and end-to-end network solutions. The company is based in Chicago (US) and was founded in 1996. WAV Inc. provides service offerings to wireless internet service providers and managed service providers in the North American market.
Recently, WAV Inc. has opened four new warehouses in Illinois, California, Texas, and New Jersey and signed distribution agreements with Baicells to distribute LTE solutions.
The new project, WavFin as it’s own corporate entity, will utilize the existing WAV infrastructure and business relationships, and bringing the Hardware-as-a-Service model to the wired and wireless internet network market.
Norm Dumbroff - President & CEO
Norm founded POS Information Systems in 1990, growing into WAV Inc. Norm’s vision of a value-added company focused on customer-centric service has remained the foundation of WAV’s success.
Bob Nelson - COO
Bob brings more than 20 years of sales and business leadership experience to our executive team. Bob is responsible for growing WAV’s field sales organization, leading the strategic planning process and building partnerships and broader business relationships.
Industry Trends: Enterprise Private LTE Networks
Private LTE networks will be enabled through the formally established Citizen Broadband Radio Service
In April 2015, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) formally established Citizen Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) for shared commercial use of the 3.5 GHz (3550-3700 MHz) band with the incumbent military radars and fixed satellite stations.1 The CBRS Alliance has decided to use the name OnGo for wireless services in this band. For the first time, dynamic spectrum sharing rules have been defined to make additional spectrum available for flexible wireless broadband use while ensuring interference protection and uninterrupted use by the incumbent users. Under the plan, a novel three-tier sharing paradigm coordinates spectrum access among the incumbent military radars and satellite ground stations and new commercial users. The three tiers are Incumbent, Priority Access License (PAL), and General Authorized Access (GAA) users.
- Private networks are deployed where users have specific requirements, such as for coverage or more deterministic performance
- Organizations that control their own networks can more easily modify the technology and optimize it for their own purposes
- LTE radio can be customized to optimize reliability and latency in challenging physical environments (e.g. warehouses)
The global private LTE market size is expected to grow from USD 2.5 billion in 2018 to USD 11 billion by 2023
Major growth factors for the market include:
- An increasing need for unique and defined network qualities, and convergence of 5G and private LTE
- Gains in IoT and growth of smart city initiatives in the US
Various Use Cases
Automation & Industry 4.0
- Factory-floor wireless robots, logistics, and warehousing
- Very dense deployments with low latency requirements
- To monitor and control critical infrastructure, e.g. electricity distributions grids or power plants
- Automate processes and connect machinery at venues such as ports and transportation hubs
- Locations often not covered by public wireless infrastructure
- Diverse sector from mining, oil/gas, to agriculture
- Airports, theme parks, stadiums, hospitals, ports
- Many users (internal, contractor, public), some of which have requirements for fast and highly secure access
Disclaimer: On August 7th, 2019, Moonwhale Blockchain Ventures Inc. is pleased to announce WAV Inc. as a new corporate client. WAV Inc. is a value-added distributor of world-class wireless networking technology and provider of best-in-class support and services. WAV distributes the technology that connects your customers to the internet, from LTE and wireless broadband to networking and Wi-Fi. For more details on WAV Inc., please visit their website or read our article: https://moonwhale.io/moonwhale-wav-inc-client/
Looking for an STO Consultant?
Moonwhale Ventures position ourselves to provide STO solutions, helping businesses with our STO Financing service. Based in Delaware, USA, Moonwhale will assist you in One-Stop-Shop solution for your security token offering:
- Token Economics
- Token Creation & Issuances
- Marketing Materials
- Private Sale Fund Raising
- Public Sale Fundraising
- Secondary Market Trading
About The Author:
Iliya Zaki is the Head of Marketing & Business Development for Moonwhale Ventures. Based in Singapore, Iliya manages the marketing and public relations aspects for Moonwhale as well as clients under advisement. He is also a regular writer for Hackernoon and several other publications such as Investing.com, Daily Hodl, Securities.io, and many more.